Poem: My Right

note: This poem must not be copied and pasted anywhere else without the owners permission!!  

         My Right

Why should I know my right?
In a society where things are never right
Facing problems left and right
With stronger hands I am held tight
Because I can not fight

Why should I know my right
When I am not made to fight
Feeling cheated by their sight
Hiding around like a rat
When all they want is ‘Be quite’

Why should I know my right?
In a place where there is no life
No food, no water, no light
Like zombie, I pretend to be alive
Later they shout ‘You are alright’

Why should I know my right?
Where corruption is no longer plight
Millionaires leaving by flight
Everyday my soul at alert
Boom!!! I run for my life

Written by: Omotayo Suleman


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Day I Died: 14th April, 2014

Enigma

The Corridor of Hell